Monday, December 27, 2010

Comedy Bouquet

This past weekend my god-sister, Micaela, performed at the Sacramento Comedy Spot.  I made her a little bouquet because, really, I think that women should be given bouquets more often in life outside of their weddings!  I'm getting a lot better at getting the classic "bouquet shape."  They are my favorite to practice!  I picked up the flowers at Trader Joe's and I was really happy with what I found: reddish-pink alstromeria, pink mums with green centers, pink spray roses, and GORGEOUS pink and green tulips.  Let me just say that my car smelled amazing on the way to Sacramento.

Pink Bouquet

I also had fun with some green and pink-tinged ribbon that I found at Michael's.  I added a little star with beads for Micaela to remind her that she need not be nervous because she was gonna kick butt anyway!

Ribbon!

Here is a front view.

Front

And here for size comparion next to me in my loud red shirt.

Hello!

I also got to visit my grandfather and his wife so I brought along a little arrangement to give them with what was left over after the bouquet.  I really liked the shape that I ended up with.

Gift for Grandpa

Again, I couldn't help but inhale deeply on the way to the show.

Vroom...

No comments: