Monday, December 27, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day
For Mother's Day this year I decided to practice and let my Mom hopefully enjoy the fruits of this practice.  I found the gorgeous pink heather at a local flower market and I snatched it up and quickly bought it.  As I walked to the car, however, I remembered that the one color my Mom loathes is pink.  I think, though, the amazing fragrance of the heather made up for its color.  I used purple statice and first learned of my hatred for mums.  Maybe the mums from Trader Joe's were old or something, but they were unruly and their heads kept popping off.  I liked the wildflowery, summery look and it looked great on the dining room table!
Dining Table View
My Mom enjoyed her arrangement and the little present I left her on her bedside table.
Glass full of flowers

No comments: