Monday, December 27, 2010

Floral Design Class: L-Shape and T-Shape

I realize that I'm putting all of these posts for my floral design classes out of order, but who cares!  Here is a picture of my attempt at an L-Shape design from the Advanced workshop.  Again, we used larkspur and this time some swordfern to create the basic frame of the design.  I love larkspur, it looks so dainty yet it is strong and great for making a line.  My "L shape" dips a little, but I enjoyed it.
L Shape
Next the T-Shape design.  I left my class that night pretty unhappy with my attempt, maybe it was because my snapdragons were not cooperating with me, but I still enjoyed their gorgeous color for the rest of the week.  The thing about L-Shape and T-Shape designs is that they are very formal and I probably won't myself sit down in my day-to-day to make one of these types of arrangements, but it's important to know them because they are basic styles to build upon.
T Shape

No comments: