Monday, December 27, 2010

Currently Obsessed With: Montbretia

Montbretia
Ever since our Fundamentals class last Thursday when Carol showed us the abundance of flowers she bought for some arrangements she was doing for her husband's work, I have been thinking about the montbretia that she showed us.  Maybe it's just my yearning for fall and the way that the colors of montbretia just completely bring to my mind falling leaves and pumpkins, but I am in love with this flower right now. 
Montbretia arrangement
I'm going to the Oakland Flower Market in the next few weeks and I'm hoping to run into some of these...and then quickly buy them.  I love their shape and did I say how much I love their colors?

Montbretia
I'm hoping to put some arrangements together for my Dad for an open house he is going to be showing for some family friends.  If I can get some, I definitely will create designs around these gorgeous flowers.

No comments: