Monday, December 27, 2010

Floral Design Class: Bud Vase

When I stepped into the classroom for my very first class of Basic Floral Design, I was greeted by some lovely flowers and some even lovelier people.  I have enjoyed these classes so much and I have loved getting to know all of the ladies in the San Joaquin Delta Floral Design Workshop program.  I've learned a lot and I'm raring to learn more!
For our first class we did a simple bud vase arrangement with leatherleaf fern, swordfern, gyp, red carnations, and green gladiolus.  If I learned anything from that first class, it's that you have to enjoy yourself while you are designing.  If you're frustrated, it's time to step away and take a breath.  It seems obvious, but if you are crabby and forcing things to fit together, then your work is gonna look exactly like how you feel.  I got a little overwhelmed at first, but I just relaxed and enjoyed the moment.
Carnations and Gladiolus Bud Vase
I was pretty happy with the results and damn proud of my bow.
  Proud of my bow :)

No comments: