Monday, December 27, 2010

Floral Design Class: Take-Home Bouquet

In our Fundamentals class (which yes, I am taking after the Advanced class, but they were offered out of order!) we practiced cutting with our floral knives this week and got to create a take-home bouquet that we wrapped in tissue and cellophane.  I had a weird mix of flowers in my bouquet, but I don't know, I kind of like it.  The poor sunflower and hydrangea were nearing their end, but the combined colors of the dalia, larkspur, and spray roses had a cool effect.  I also got to use some bupleurum greens.  I really love the look of these and I will seek them out when I get brave and venture out to the San Francisco Flower Market.
Picture 108
And here's another view from my iPhone, which creates some awesome, warm light.
Fundamentals

No comments: