Monday, December 27, 2010

Trip to the Oakland Flower Market

I braved the roads to go the Oakland Flower Market yesterday and I'm very glad that I went.  I wondered down aisles of ribbons, baskets, vases, foam, and did I say ribbon, because they have a lot of ribbon!  Their flower selection was good, but I was really excited about their greens and foliage because there were so many different types I had never seen before.  I picked up some gorgeous smelling (Patrick claims that they smell like fruity pebbles) yellow freesia and some panicum.  I had never seen panicum before and I exclaimed several times as I was unwrapping it and playing with it that I'm in love with it.  I learned as I arranged the freesia that freesia is a very temperamental flower that has windy stems that don't like to cooperate.  Lesson learned!  They do not like bud vases.  But I still think that the freesia looks really nice with the panicum.
Fressia and Panicum
And one more view as it sits next to my hand-tied bouquet from class...
Close up

No comments: